THE CONFEDERATION OF AFRICAN ATHLETICS (CAA) SIGNED A TRIPARTITE PROTOCOL AGREEMENT WITH THE IVORIAN ATHLETICS FEDERATION (FIA) AND THE NATIONAL YOUTH AND SPORTS INSTITUTE (INJS) OF ABIDJAN, A STRUCTURE UNDER THE TUTORSHIP OF THE IVORIAN MINISTRY IN CHARGE OF THE PROMOTION OF SPORTS AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE SPORTS ECONOMY, RELATING TO THE CREATION AND FUNCTIONING OF A SPECIALIZED CENTER IN THE TRAINING OF EXECUTIVES AND ATHLETES.
Abidjan, October 14, 2021 - The Confederation of African Athletics (CAA) has signed a Protocol Agreement for a period of four (04) years renewable, defining the conditions and modalities of its collaboration with the Ivorian Athletics Federation (FIA) and the National Institute of Youth and Sports (INJS) of Abidjan, in the framework of the creation and functioning of a Center specialized in the training of athletes and managers in athletics.
This Center, like the seven (07) others that preceded it in Africa, will be called "African athletic Development Center Abidjan" - AADC Abidjan.
The CAA is more than ever aware that only a systematic and appropriate training of athletes and human resources intervening in the field of athletics in Africa, extended to the greatest number of sports professionals, can guarantee the success and the achievement of its ten-year development strategy.
This is the reason why, its President, Mr. Hamad KALKABA MALBOUM, appealed, in this dynamic, to the African federations members of the CAA and to the whole family of Athletics, so that they appropriate this strategy with the aim of promoting and fully developing Athletics in the years to come.
This appeal has favorably met the assent of the Government of Côte d'Ivoire, expressed by the Minister for the Promotion of Sport and the Development of the Sports Economy of Côte d'Ivoire, Mr. Paulin Claude DANHO, during the audience granted to the President of the CAA on October 13, 2021.
The President of the Ivorian Athletics Federation (FIA), Mr. Jeannot KOUADIO, had already fully subscribed to this African athletics development strategy presented by the CAA, pending the approval of the government authorities of his country. This was manifested through the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding by Mr. SANOGO Habib, Director General of the National Institute of Youth and Sports of Abidjan.
For the Confederation of African Athletics (CAA), the training courses included in the Protocol Agreement signed on October 14, 2021 in Abidjan can only be effective if they are undertaken in partnership with specialized institutions for the training of athletes and physical education professional and sports executives, such as the INJS of Abidjan.
The purpose of this Protocol Agreement is therefore, among other things, to promote:
- Training in athletics for as many coaches as possible among INJS students, to make them specialists in athletics with a view to better popularizing this sport;
- The detection, in large numbers, of young talents and their orientation towards the practice of a specialty in athletics;
- The orientation of young athletes detected in sports structures dedicated to achieving performance;
- The enrollment of young athletes in the dual sport-education project, in order to ensure their professional integration at the end of their career;
- The animation of athletics sessions in schools, neighborhoods or sports associations according to the pedagogy of Kids' Athletics and youth athletics;
- The organization of competitions at local, municipal, departmental and regional level;
- The monitoring of events and / or competitions in leagues organized by the FIA.
To do this, the CAA undertakes, among other things, to:
- Ensure, through its Technical and Development Department, the implementation of the project and its general supervision;
- Provide experts to supervise training.
As for the Ivorian Athletics Federation, it is committed to:
- Supervise training with CAA;
- Integrate the student-teachers trained within the programs of the federation in all its components;
- Target schools and associations for activities, in collaboration with trained student teachers;
- Organize events and evaluations, and integrate them into the calendar of the federation;
- Monitor the project and identify any young talents who will be detected in collaboration with CAA and AADC Abidjan.
As for the National Institute of Youth and Sports of Abidjan, it will have to:
- Provide a classroom and sports facilities for the various training courses;
- Provide teachers / trainers whose intervention and skills are required;
- Adjust its schedules and programs by including in its curriculum, the training program for coaches and referees of the CAA and World Athletics for the benefit of students wishing to specialize in athletics.